[Nagiosplug-devel] Git commit e-mails

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Fri May 22 11:27:55 CEST 2009

On 22 May 2009, at 01:22, Holger Weiss wrote:

> Both options have pros and cons, so let me know what you'd prefer.
> Or,
> as another alternative, should we simply continue to send a separate
> e-mail for each commit?

I would personally prefer one email per commit as it is easier to
glance at what is happening and just read the subject to get an idea
of the changes and the importance. The 5 minute delay is not a big deal.

A quick look at the nagiosplug-checkins list (which has 181 members)
shows out of 38 members, 4 wanted a digest. So 90% of the members to
this list prefer individual emails. If git sends out individual
emails, then the list digest would act as the summary view.

However, I'd cede to the majority if a summarised view is preferred.