[Nagiosplug-devel] how do I get a patch integrated

Matthias Eble PsychoTrahe at gmx.de
Tue May 26 19:11:18 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2009, 16:43 +0100 schrieb Alain Williams:
> About a week ago I put up a patch for the check_procs plugin, I have not
> seen any comment about it. How can I help it to be made part of the released version ?
>
> You can view a description of it here:
>
> 	http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2794120&group_id=29880&atid=397599

Hi Alain,

I had a short look at it and I somewhat disliked the fact that it makes
use of a temp file. Even though this looks absolutely arguable for your
enhancement, we usually avoid temporary files:
http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN254

Submitting patches to the tracker and ringing the bells on np-devel if
nothing happens is the right approach.

Detecting a CPU hog would be a nice thing, though. Other opinions?

Matthias