[Nagiosplug-devel] how do I get a patch integrated

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue May 26 19:20:05 CEST 2009

In message <1243357878.10342.10.camel at pc.site>,
Matthias Eble writes:
>Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2009, 16:43 +0100 schrieb Alain Williams:
>> About a week ago I put up a patch for the check_procs plugin, I have not
>> seen any comment about it. How can I help it to be made part of the releas
>
>I had a short look at it and I somewhat disliked the fact that it makes
>use of a temp file. Even though this looks absolutely arguable for your
>enhancement, we usually avoid temporary files:
>http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#AEN254
>
>Submitting patches to the tracker and ringing the bells on np-devel if
>nothing happens is the right approach.
>
>Detecting a CPU hog would be a nice thing, though. Other opinions?

Well until nagios provides some mechanism for plugin data storage, the
use of a temp file seems reasonable if less than desirable.

IIRC the temp file isn't used/required unless the cpu hog detention is
enabled, so it won't impact the other use cases for check_proc.  It
also allows setting the temp file on the command line, so the user can
place it in a secure location. I would say it's a valuable addition.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard