[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-2890436 ] contrib/check_asterisk.pl stops working with new Asterisk

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 1 22:15:54 CET 2009

Bugs item #2890436, was opened at 2009-11-01 21:15
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=2890436&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
** I see the "Do not post bugs for plugins inside the contrib directory or from third party websites. Instead contact the respective developer directly." - unfortunately there is no name on this plugin, the original svn commit from 2005 didn't cite the source so I'm putting it here.

Plugin Version (-V output): no version in plugin
Plugin Name: contrib/check_asterisk.pl
Example Plugin Commandline: ./check_asterisk.pl -h iax -h 127.0.0.1
Tested on operating system: Linux 2.6
Tested on architecture: i386
Tested with compiler: Perl v5.8.5

The current Nagios plugin for Asterisk when in IAX2 mode only works because the host on the other end replies with INVALID. Not a good way to test something, it didn't bother me until Asterisk 1.4.26.2 stopped working. This patch uses IAX2 POKE to get an answer from the Asterisk host