[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagios::Plugin uom Bug?

Smekal, Goesta Goesta.Smekal at it-novum.com
Tue Nov 3 16:22:25 CET 2009

Hello List,

  trying to output perfdata from my perl plugin I miss the "uom" output.
My code looks like this:

  if ( defined $plugin->opts->perfdata) {
    $plugin->add_perfdata(
        label => $re_label,
        value => $re_value,
        oum => $re_uom,
        warning => $plugin->opts->warning,
        critical => $plugin->opts->critical,
        );
  }

and as a result I get ($re_* contain 'host_mem', '52.15', '%'):

  ESX_CLIENT OK - overall memory usage:52.15 % | host_mem=52.15;75;90

  The perfdata is there, except for the uom. Yes, $re_uom is set and
contains a valid string, and yes, I tried things like "uom => '%'" for
testing purposes.

  No matter what I put in "uom", nothing ends up in the response. Is
this a (known) bug or am I missing something?

  regards

P.S.: sorry for the junk at the end of this message - server adds it.

i.A. Goesta Smekal

Tel: +43 (0)1 23060 4151      	(-333)
Fax:             (-334)
mailto:Goesta.Smekal at it-novum.com

it-novum GmbH .  Edelzeller Strasse 44 . 36043 Fulda  . http://www.it-novum.com
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Fulda, HRB 1934 . Geschaftsfuhrer: Michael Kienle . Sitz der Gesellschaft: Fulda

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der eigentliche Empfaenger sein sollten, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender oder vernichten umgehend diese Mail. Jegliche unerlaubte Vervielfaeltigung oder Weiterleitung dieser Mail ist strengstens verboten.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or priviledged information. If you are not the intended recepient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.