[Nagiosplug-devel] Nagiosplug-devel Digest, Vol 41, Issue 1

John Patrick Carroll John.Carroll at govdelivery.com
Mon Oct 5 18:50:19 CEST 2009

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:03:59 -0400
From: Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca>
Subject: Re: [Nagiosplug-devel] check_users Nagios plugin
	<nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

On 28/09/09 06:43 PM, John Patrick Carroll wrote:
> I am talking about specific information for performance data returned by the check_users plugin, not performance data in general.

$./check_users

Usage:check_users -w <users> -c <users>

$ ./check_users -w 1 -c 2
USERS CRITICAL - 3 users currently logged in |users=3;1;2;0

Isn't that obvious?

- --
Thomas

------------------------------

Somewhat, but it would be nice if the documentation was more robust, especially for a check that is included in the base set of checks for Nagios.  I don't think defining and documenting what the performance data actually means is much of a request.
Plus, in the performance data, what does the 0 at the end represent?  I would assume (assume because no documentation states this is so) the 3 is the current number of users, the 1 is the warning level, the 2 is the critical level, but what is the 0?

thanks,
John

John Patrick Carroll | Senior Systems Administrator
GovDelivery, Inc.
408 St. Peter St, Ste 600 | St Paul, MN 55102-1147
651.757.4124 or 866.276.5583 ext. 124
Resources
Website: www.govdelivery.com
Blog: www.reachthepublic.com