[Nagiosplug-devel] Perfdata patternin Nagios::Plugin::Performance.pm

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Thu Sep 17 11:00:37 CEST 2009

On 16 Jul 2009, at 09:26, Gerhard Lausser wrote:

> the developer of the plugin using = accepted to find a workaround.
>>> So am I assuming that it is okay to remove "=" from the guidelines?
>> From my side, yes.
> I too wrote plugins whre in rare cases a = can appear in the label,
> but i
> also provide a --name parameter which then is used as the label
> instead.

I've just updated the plugin developer docs to state that the equals
sign should not be used in a performance label.

I have an idea to setup a page on nagiosplugins.org where you can pass
in a perf string and it will reply with what the parser from
Nagios::Plugin::Performance->parse_perfstring returns and you can then
click "yes" or "no" if it is correct. Then we'll add that to the
database of tests to check against in future. Just need a bit of time
to set it up....