[Nagiosplug-devel] check procs via nrpe

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 17:23:02 CEST 2009

check_procs usually reports the right number of processes running, but
when run through nrpe, reports one extra process (if using args for
example) because nrpe calls the shell to run the check.

I noticed this after seeing nrpe reporting 2 processes yet running the
command on the local box said 1 process.

the diff attached causes the check to ignore the process if the
processes pid is the same this checks ppid. nrpe runs the shell which
runs the check, so the shell process should be the checks parent.

haven't really tested this, wanted to see if it would be considered, if
so I'll test it. any comments appreciated.