[Nagiosplug-devel] check_disk option for Centreon

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed Mar 17 01:32:41 CET 2010

On 16/03/10 09:09 AM, DOGUET Emmanuel wrote:
>                 Hello,
>

> I use since weeks  Nagios with Centreon (Migration from Hobbit/BB).
>
>  I have wrote and adapts some  plugins (IO, Oracle, RAC…) for working
> fine with Centreon Graph.
>

> Like for check_disk,  I have modified the perf data output for always
> display in bytes unit (only perfdata).
>
> With this it’s centreon who interpret the Unit ( MB, GB ) on the graph.
>

> Instead return:
>

> DISK WARNING - free space: / 567 MB (62% inode=98%);| /=343MB;95;864;0;960
>

> For Centreon it’s better to return:
>

> DISK WARNING - free space: / 562 MB (61% inode=98%);| /=365658112;;;
>

> I can send a patch if you want.

This is definitely something that will have to change; unfortunately we
can't just change it between releases and break everyone's graphs. This
will have to wait until a major release, end even then it would be best
to provide a backward-compatibility option.

For that reason I think it will be best to wait for the new thresholds
format, as the new format will allow adding such options and should be
the main feature of the next major release.

There is an RFC for the new thresholds, although we still have to
publish additional design notes that were discussed during the last OSMC
conference. Anyone willing to help coding this feature is welcome; the
current RFC is available here:

http://nagiosplugins.org/rfc/new_threshold_syntax

- --
Thomas