[Nagiosplug-devel] Move repositories to Github?

Holger Weiß holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Apr 11 19:47:36 CEST 2012

* Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> [2012-04-11 17:02]:
> On 04/10/2012 09:59 PM, Holger Weiß wrote:
> > Personally, I'd actually prefer receiving commits via email (as I'm not
> > all that keen on clicking around in web interfaces), but from what I've
> > seen elsewhere, Github just works better for most contributors.  Yes,
> > git-send-email(1) works fine for some communities such as the Git
> > project itself, but I fear it might not work as well for our community.
>
> There's a "git-request-pull" script in git since before v1.0 that people
> can use to send you info on where to pull their changes from no matter
> where they keep their repos.

I thought about that as well, I just fear we'll end up with less pull
requests (and more plain diffs) when people have to learn to use that
script and copy its output into an email instead of clicking on Github's
pull request knob, even though the difference is mostly a psychological
one.

Maybe I'm just overrating the Github hipe ...

Holger