[Nagiosplug-devel] [Nagios-users] A plugin to run the existing plugins for NSCA

Holger Weiß holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Wed Sep 5 09:40:23 CEST 2012

* PRA <nagiospra at gmail.com> [2012-09-05 09:00]:
> I was configuring nagios and NSCA and found that we need to run the
> plugins in cron and send the output to NAGIOS. So below is what I
> plan.So I plan to develop another plugin with runs the other plugins
>
> 1)  Another  plugin that takes service_description (the description that
> is sent to nagios) , plugin with parameters as command line arguments.
> 2) Runs the send_nsca command with provided inputs.
> 3) A conf file which has the details(send_nsca path,pluginspath,nsca
> server,nsca port).

Here's a trivial shell script which you could take as a starting point,
if you like:

ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/nagios/tools/send_nagios

The output can be piped to send_nsca.

Holger