Extra-Opts configuration file location(s)

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Wed Jun 18 15:56:21 CEST 2014

Different distributions have different criteria for set of paths and
extensions for config files.

But I'd go with:
  /etc/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins.ini
  /usr/local/etc/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins.ini

Because distributions typically don't mind packages having their own
subdirectory in /etc. And some prefer that and create one even if
original package would just put config file in /etc.

And the most popular extension in unix world for config files is .conf
after that its .cfg and .ini is least popular. You can check your own
distributions to see if its something like that. But since we already
went with .ini that is fine as far as I'm concerned.