check_ping: Add support for showing name (DNS) resolution in the plugin output (STDOUT). (#1284)

Holger Weiß notifications at github.com
Sun Nov 30 00:55:33 CET 2014

> It is deemed useful, which is why it is shown in the default output of all
> ping executables we've referenced here.

So your reasoning for assuming this feature to be useful for others is that
plain `ping(1)` does it, right?  (Let me know if I overlooked anything else
regarding _this_ question in your message.)

I think the requirements for plugin output are different from those for
command line tools, but I guess you still have a point there.

https://github.com/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins/pull/1284#issuecomment-64969948