License within the monitoring-plugins-2.2. component

Sven Nierlein Sven.Nierlein at Consol.de
Fri Dec 8 18:39:27 CET 2017

On 08/12/17 13:47, Pop, Adina wrote:

> Hello
>

> I have a question regarding the licenses found in the monitoring-plugins-2.2. packages.
> There is a subcomponent in the packages called Math-Calc-Units-1.07 that is under dual license GPL V2.0 or Artistic License V1.0.
>
> Giving the fact that the global license of monitoring-plugins-2.2. is GPL-3.0, I was wandering how come you included this subcomponent who’s both licenses from the dual are incompatible with GPL-3.0.
>
> Is it ok to combine GPL V2.0/ Artistic License V1.0 with GPL-3.0? Can you give me more information regarding your decision?

Hi,

Math-Calc-Units is not used from within the monitoring-plugins, it is used by the Monitoring::Plugin perl module which is under the perl license. Both are not required and or used by the monitoring-plugins, therefor i see no reason how this could be a issue somehow.
We just pack the plugins and the perl module together in a single tarball for easier deployment.

Cheers,
 Sven