[Nagiosplug-help] make, gmake not working on OpenBSD 3.1

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Aug 15 15:40:02 CEST 2002

Hello -
   I've read the threads about using "gmake" instead of "make" on the
plugins, but neither seems to work in my case.  I am using an OpenBSD
3.1 system with gmake from the ports installation.  After
"./configure --with-prefix=/home/nagios" this is what I get:

whipped# /usr/local/bin/gmake
cd . &&
/bin/sh: syntax error: unexpected EOF
gmake: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1
whipped#

whipped# make all
Making all in plugins
Bad modifier: )

Unclosed variable specification
"Makefile", line 760: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/nagios/src/nagiosplug-1.3-beta1 (line 185 of Makefile).
whipped#

I would be happy to allow one of the plug maintainers access to my
crash-and-burn prototype machine if that would permit faster
troubleshooting for the distribution.

JT