[Nagiosplug-help] check_ftp

Stephen Lomond Stephen.Lomond at gov.nf.ca
Thu Dec 5 03:54:02 CET 2002

I thought the FTP plug-in would check the service like the HTTP plug-in does actually retrieve info using the service and check it with a known value to determine if it is functioning correctly..

>>> "Tom DE BLENDE" <tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com> 12/05/02 03:58AM >>>
Besides, why would you want to do that?

What you could do is place a text file on the ftp server, and write a
small shell script that ftp's the file to your nagios box, cat's the
file into a variable and see if it matches the content of that file.
Or if it's a binary, just ftp it and compare the size.