[Nagiosplug-help] trying to monitor multiple nt processes

Wim Geerts wgeerts at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 03:52:04 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm curently trying to get the folowing to work:

I have a NT server with a service that has multiple processes running with
the same name -> webadv.exe I would like to check how many of these
processes are still running (min 2 should be running) Is there anyone that
could help out?
I've got Nagios 1 and nsclient running already and I can check the service
and the process but as long as one process is running the staus is OK. (I'm
using Check_nt_proces for this) I've tried using counters but as soon as
there are more than one proces running the processes are named webadv
webadv#1 webadv#2 ... if i try to use these names in the command_line
$USER1$/check_nt -H $Hostadress$ -p 1248 -v counter -l
"\\process(webadv#1)\\Thread count","threadcount is %.2f %%" -w %ARG1% -c
%ARG2% it is always telling me the status is critical as the returned value
is 0 -> witch would mean that the process is not running.

greetings

Wim