[Nagiosplug-help] CGI Authentication Issue

Eric Gregory eric at gatewayconnections.com
Mon Dec 16 13:07:06 CET 2002

Any help which can be offered is greatly appreciated.

I have just installed nagios v1.0 on my server, a freebsd 4.5 box running
apache 2.0.  I setup the web interface and plugins, I can login but not see
any host information what-so-ever.

 I have edited cgi.cfg to allow me access to essentially all functions by
putting my username in all of the authorized_for spaces.

However when I login anytime I try to view any information I get this
message

It appears as though you do not have permission to view information for any
of the hosts you requested...
If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.

Just to see I disabled authentication and everything worked fine, I could
view host and service info etc but as soon as I reactivated authentication
in cgi.cfg back to nothing.

Am I missing something here.

Thanks in Advance
Eric