[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_ntp

Michael Jewett mgj at unb.ca
Tue Dec 17 11:34:04 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm moving from Netsaint 0.0.6 to Nagios 1.0.  Everything is working
great... except (there is always an except), I can't get check_ntp to work
with Nagios.  I had it working fine with Netsaint.

Here is the error message I'm getting from the plugin...

./check_ntp -H <host> -v
server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, stratum 2, offset 0.007664, delay 0.02592
ntperr = 0
17 Dec 15:25:50 ntpdate[18635]: adjust time server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx offset
0.007664 sec
ntperr = 0
***Server reports a format error in the received packet (shouldn't happen)
UNKNOWN: Dispersion too high

Any ideas?  Let me know of any other information you need to help solve this
problem.

Thanks,
Michael