[Nagiosplug-help] Solaris 8 and the plugins...

Blair Rampling brampling at methanex.com
Thu Nov 7 09:52:02 CET 2002

I got Nagios and the plugins up and running with simple ./configure && make commands on a Solaris 9 system running gcc 3.2 and GNU make 3.80.

The plugins were downloaded from sourceforge and nagios was downloaded from nagios.org.

- --
Blair Rampling

>>> Scott Walker <swalker at floridabroadband.net> 11/07/02 09:42AM >>>
Honestly, I have given up on nagios and solaris, I've spent 3 days
compiling source/patching/fixing/sacrificing chickens and virgins in
trying to get this working.

I'm moving my monitoring box to debian-sparc, hopefully this will prove
more fruitfull than solaris. It pains me to do so, but it's obvious
nagios|nagios-plugins are not solaris friendly (without major
patching/fixing).

I'll install nagios on my home sparc-20 and play with it. But I cannot
justify spending 3 days on a simple project, when in 2 hours I could
have it setup from scratch and done.

PS: How can I help get the solaris and hopefully non-linux side up to
par. Karl, is it that you have no solaris machines to devel on? I can
donate a shell on a machine if it will help things out.