[Nagiosplug-help] check_javaproc.pl on Solaris

Michael Feld michael.nagiosplughelp at incamail.com
Mon Nov 18 16:14:01 CET 2002

Hi there..

The perl script works great on linux, but not so great on Solaris x86 (haven't tried it on sparc because of the problems with nrpe).  Here's the output:

root at database[libexec]# ./check_javaproc.pl
ps: illegal option -- H
ps: unknown output format: -o %a
ps: illegal option -- w
ps: illegal option -- w
usage: ps [ -aAdeflcjLPy ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
	[ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
	[ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ]
  'format' is one or more of:
	user ruser group rgroup uid ruid gid rgid pid ppid pgid sid taskid
	pri opri pcpu pmem vsz rss osz nice class time etime stime
	f s c lwp nlwp psr tty addr wchan fname comm args projid project
0 java processes for 0 applicationsroot at database[libexec]#

I tried changing the options to "-ef" but clearly there's still a problem having to do with the output format.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. :)

Michael