[Nagiosplug-help] change nagios admin email

Christian Vanguers wangee at linuxbe.org
Wed Nov 27 15:30:02 CET 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 06:15:02PM -0800, Todd MacDonald wrote:
> Hello
>
> I dont think i worded it well lets see if this helps.  Here  is my
> problem.  Nagios sends error messages on email from my monitoring computer as
> nagios at west.westgazer.com.  I thought there would be a way to change it so
> that it emailed my from name at otherDomain.com so that if one of my techs
> replies they can reply back to me and not the monitoring machine  with a
> user nagios.

Hi todd,

I understand now what is your trouble :)

If only you can be replied, i think a mail alias is enough.
In that case, all email sent from your monitoring host will be sent back
to you not taking care of nagios at west.westgazer.com.

I checked on my environment, it works :-)

Hope this helps,

Chris

--
 |     GnuPG keyID == 0xF814CC3A <christian.vanguers at opsyx.com>       	      |
 | Key Fingerprint == 76D7 8E94 440F E430 3981  D922 73E1 76DF F814 CC3A      |