[Nagiosplug-help] i'm trying to write my own plugin!

irfaan irfaan at tlabs.ac.za
Mon Oct 7 05:09:06 CEST 2002

Hi all!

I write a little program that return an integer. I make it an executable
and copy it to the /usr/local/nagios/libexec/
Nagios runs the program, as i have configured it to use it in the config
file. However, i dont get the correct return value!

What am i doing wrong?
Herewith is an attached file. What i'm doing is creating a shared object
library, test.c and test_test.c uses the header file test.h where the
function i need are declared. My shared object file reads an integer
from a file, and the user program test_test reads that value and is
supposed to return that value. i have forced it to return 0. However,
Nagios gives me a "Warning" status!

Please advise me!

Thanks
Regards