AW: [Nagiosplug-help] check_by_ssh Plugin

Schindewolf, Stefan, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE Stefan.Schindewolf at Infraserv.com
Wed Oct 9 23:53:16 CEST 2002

Hello.

First thanks a lot.

I can assure you that I already cheched the credentials on the
authorized_keys and the public key itself. To test a plugin by ssh I "su -
nagios" and then enter the full command line. The Plugin says state "OK
<message>". Everything seems to be in order.

But when I look into the WebGUI I read "Warning Hostkey verification
failed", even when I force a new check.

The problem seems to be with nagios daemon itself. Does it use a buffer or
something which is not cleared proberly?

Best regards
Stefan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sean Knox [mailto:sean.knox at sbcglobal.net]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2002 02:17
An: Schindewolf, Stefan, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE
Cc: 'nagiosplug-help at lists.sourceforge.net'
Betreff: Re: [Nagiosplug-help] check_by_ssh Plugin

Remember that nagios will attempt to ssh into the other machine as user
"nagios" by default. I would guess your manual  check passed as you were
using *your* key as user stefan (sic), not as nagios. Try su'ing to the
nagios user and try your test again; if it fails, you will then know
that you'll have to readdress your ssh setup.

Also verify that the ~nagios/.ssh/authorized_hosts1/2 file(s) contain
the correct public key.

Sean