[Nagiosplug-help] problems adding groups / services

Nicholas D. Buraglio nick at buraglio.com
Thu Oct 24 07:13:06 CEST 2002

I'm attempting to configure a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE machine to monitor a large group of routers and switches and a few servers, in doing so I've encountered a strange problem adding hostgroups and changing and rearranging services. The version of Nagios is Nagios 1.0b6 built from ports.
When adding a hostgroup (other than the original that I added first, which works) I get an error within the web interface No matching hosts, No marching Services for said group.  I see the services being checked in nagios.log but I see nothing in status.sav.  All permissions on files appear correct, and it also appears as if notifications are being sent out.  I've tried creating several hostgroups, as well as moving services to the hostgroup that does work (both adding to and changing the hostgroup).  Any help / advice would be appreciated.
NB