[Nagiosplug-help] troubles compiling on HP-UX 11

alexandre.armengaud at dgi.finances.gouv.fr alexandre.armengaud at dgi.finances.gouv.fr
Fri Oct 25 02:30:04 CEST 2002

Hello.
I'm working for French government administration, and we are willing to
create a system administration framework  using Nagios.

I'm now trying to compile the nagios plugin (the current version :
1.3-beta1) on HP-UX 11 (B11.11), and I have real troubles!
I'm using autoconf 2.54, gcc 3.2, gmake 3.79.1.

When I came to "make all", I found several problems.

First, "getloadavg" was missing in the system, and the makefile was trying
to find "getloadavg.c'. I managed to solve it by taking the file from
Emacs sources, and adapting it.

Then, I had a second problem : the plugin is trying to compile snprintf.c.
It conflicts with the same function included in stdio.h. I solved it by
removing compilation references to this source file in the Makefile.

And now I'm stuck in another problem : in the compilation of check_ftp.c,
it makes an error :
from netutils.h:38 , there are parse errors in /usr/include/sys/socket.h
lines 439,440,441,442

I stop now, since it seems obvious that there are too many problems to
make it work correctly.

I just want to know if you managed to make it on the same OS,  and if yes,
with what configuration. Or else, do you have a version of the plugin or
the makefile that have been tested on HP-UX 11?

Thanks !

Alexandre ARMENGAUD