[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_hpjd plugin

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Mon Sep 23 07:59:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 09:25:07AM -0400, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > > If you can ping the pointer - good
> > Yes, I can ping it and print on it and access the embedded webserver...
> > > Is nagios on the ACL for SNMP access and is the community name correct?
> > the ACL for the printer.. how do I do that?
> If you have telnet access to the Jetdirect card - there is a TCP/IP access
> control menu option.

Okay, found it and have now added the IP of the machine I have nagios
on.

> Also you might want to check if snmp  is enabled.
> try running "snmpwalk -v1 -c community printername system " on the
> commandline.

root at gabriel /usr/local/nagios/libexec# snmpwalk -v1 -c itdrift
admprinter system
SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: HP ETHERNET MULTI-ENVIRONMENT,ROM
L.20.07,JETDIRECT,JD84,EEPROM L.22.09,CIDATE 01/17/2002
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.11.2.3.9.1
SNMPv2-MIB::sysUpTime.0 = Timeticks: (34764480) 4 days, 0:34:04.80
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: NPI340174
SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 64

But "check_hpjd -H admprinter -C itdrift" still returns:
Timeout: No response from admprinter

What else could be wrong?

--
Anders