[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_hpjd plugin

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Mon Sep 23 08:25:04 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:04:32AM -0400, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > But "check_hpjd -H admprinter -C itdrift" still returns:
> > Timeout: No response from admprinter
> > What else could be wrong?
> could you run check_hpjd under truss/strace to see if it is actually
> running the snmpget command?

root at gabriel /usr/local/nagios/libexec# strace ./check_hpjd -H admprinter -C itdrift 2> output
Timeout: No response from admprinter

root at gabriel /usr/local/nagios/libexec# grep -i snmp output
root at gabriel /usr/local/nagios/libexec#

> Also if you could run "tcpdump port 161" to see if any snmp packets are
> being generated.

No packets get created..

I have snmpget in /usr/local/bin - could that have something to do with
it?

When I first compiled nagiosplugins I did not have snmp installed, so
check_hpjd did not get compiled, but after I installed snmp it was
compiled without me having to tell ./configure where snmp was installed,
so I would guess that it is not because of path problems (besides,
/usr/local/bin is in my path!)

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41