[Nagiosplug-help] problems with check_hpjd plugin

Anders Bruun Olsen anders at bruun-olsen.net
Mon Sep 23 08:52:03 CEST 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:40:36AM -0400, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> > When I first compiled nagiosplugins I did not have snmp installed, so
> > check_hpjd did not get compiled, but after I installed snmp it was
> > compiled without me having to tell ./configure where snmp was installed,
> > so I would guess that it is not because of path problems (besides,
> > /usr/local/bin is in my path!)
> looks like a problem in check_hpjd calling snmpget.  perhaps a recompile
> or looking thru the strace output to see if anything odd stands out.

I have just now tried recompiling it, but that did not help either. I
guess I am going to have to look through the strace output!

Just for fun, I have found the OIDs used by Jetdirect in check_hpjd.c
but I can't seem to get any real responses using snmpget.. what would
the correct snmpget options be?

--
Anders
PGPKey: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8BFECB41