[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios and Apan plugins

Rodger Hanson (rodger) rodger.hanson at manukau.ac.nz
Tue Apr 1 14:47:05 CEST 2003

Hello
I have Nagios working very well with the standard plugins, and my boss wanted something more (like graphs). I found theat with Apan plugins and the rrdtool one can generate these graphs, of which I have the Ping one working. I cannot get the Load and Disk one to work however ! Frustrating !

My system is a SunBlade 100 with 512 Meg RAM on Solaris 8 and the latest patches. I also loaded Python, which I believe it needs. I have also created the rrd data files and changed the owner and group  to nagios, but watching the apan.debug, it says cannot add " , " to the rrd file, so it looks as if there is something wrong somewhere, and I've hunted high and low of three days now. Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions.

Many Thanks
Rodger
Solaris Administrator
Manukau Institute of Technology