[Nagiosplug-help] check_http command timeout

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Apr 3 22:26:03 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 18:06, estirling at kanematsuusa.com wrote:
> when i execute the command:
>
> check_http 192.168.105.2 -w20 -c30
>
> (for warning level for 20 seconds, critical level for 30 seconds), and it
> takes over 10 seconds to respond, i get an error that says:
>
> Socket timeout after 10 seconds
>
> I don't think it should respond this way.  web sites often take longer than
> 10 seconds to respond.

I tend to agree with you -- the -c 30 should automatically increase the
time out. We'll add that to the current work in CVS.

The help for the plugin indicates that you can increase timeout with the
-t flag. (actually it's standard for most plugins). So while your
suggestion is a reasonable enhancement, it is not a bug, and the proper
invocation is well documented.

> could i bribe anyone to change it?

What are you offerring? ;-)

--