[Nagiosplug-help] Check_http

Ian Farr ianf at Oceanwide.com
Mon Apr 28 07:03:02 CEST 2003

Hello Eddy,

If you HTTP to the server directly - do you get a valid response??

The HTTP 500 error you are receiving from the HTTP check plug-in probably is
the response back from the server, so the plug-in is working.

I run an ASP, and we have multiple dozens of MS IIS Servers, and from time
to time we get those errors, and it is usually a problem with that server.
Problems like a coding error on the page which prevents IIS to load the asp
page, or from invalid/corrupt IIS Cache. It usually is a web coding error
(at least in our shop) that causes these errors though.

Maybe it is something else in your instance ( I don't know if you are
running PHP and apache for instance ) - but from the look of things, the
HTTP 500 error is the response from the web server, meaning that the plug-in
is working..

Someone else feel free to correct me if I am reading this wrong....

Here is a link on Microsoft's site to troubleshoot internal server 500
errors ( this is only relevant if you have IIS web servers though ):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311766
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311766>

Hope this helps some...
Ian Farr