[Nagiosplug-help] Re: unexpected check_procs behavior

jeff vier jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu Aug 28 11:01:02 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 12:17, Voon, Ton wrote:
> The "a warning status will be generated if the count is inside the specified
> range" is if you specify max:min - not min:max. I got caught out by this
> too.

ah, I get you.  I wasn't analyzing what was there that meticulously.

> As for the -C, this looks for a specific command as returned by the ps
> command used (check_procs -v to see which command). You want -a if you want
> to search for a substring.

Ah, so -a does do a substring of the whole command (not just
arguments).  I should have tried that.

However, there is a problem with it (at least in v1.3.1) - it finds
itself:

[~/nrpe]$ ./check_procs -c 1:8 -a "skljffsdfsdfdsfsd"
OK - 1 processes running with args skljffsdfsdfdsfsd

(there are no skljffsdfsdfdsfsd processes)