[Nagiosplug-help] Problem with NRPE_NT

patrick lecuyer patrick.lecuyer at hec.ca
Tue Dec 30 10:04:03 CET 2003

Hi,

We recently updated our NRPE_NT version to 0.7bSSLUPD and we've been
experiencing several troubles...  One has been present since before the
update: Once in a while (like once in a few days) I receive a "Could Not
Complete SSL Handshake" message.  This message both apear in the Nagios
logs and on the client win2000 server Event Log...  I did some tests and
ssl_error returns a value of 5, SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL...  We tried updating
the OpenSSl version on the server too (which was way outdated) and it
didn't seem to help...  Has anyone experienced this problem before and has
any clue as to what I could do to fix it?  For now, we have to manually
restart the NRPE_NT services on the client machines each time it
happens...

Also, since we've updated, we get the following error message in the Event
Logs of the Win2000 clients:  Error: Exception in handle_connection:
-1073741819.

Everytime this message appear in the event log, I have a Received 0 byte
from client entry in the nagios log and the service fails...  Has anyone
has any idea what might be happening?  Are those two problems related?

Thanks,

- Patrick Lecuyer
patrick.lecuyer at hec.ca