[Nagiosplug-help] Division by zero error in Win2K.

Patrick Benson (TT) patrick.benson at tradingtechnologies.com
Wed Feb 12 14:48:06 CET 2003

It is a regular Windows 2000 Server, and it is not clustering. I think that
your idea about the perf data being corrupted somehow is a good one, but I
seem to have stumbled into a fix accidentally.

I downgraded the client back to 1.0.6.2 following the advice of a friend to
see if the error was version related, and immediately the Event viewer was
flooded with errors like this one - "NSClient Error: PDH.dll Collect <insert
service name here> - ERROR: 0xC0000BBC" appearing every five seconds. I then
uninstalled 1.0.6.2 and then reinstalled 1.0.7.1. So far there have been no
error messages.

If anyone has a technical explanation for this please let me know. Not
knowing how you fixed something is almost as frustrating as not knowing how
to fix it at all! :)