[Nagiosplug-help] check_procs version 1.3.0-beta2

Matthias Fechner idefix at fechner.net
Tue Feb 18 04:33:09 CET 2003

Hallo Subhendu,

* Subhendu Ghosh <sghosh at sghosh.org> [17-02-03 14:15]:
> -C "/usr/bin/perl" -a "/usr/local/bin/startvideo"

I have tried now several combinations, but noone will work.
I tried it very easy to test if check_procs is running fine, but:
check_procs -C perl will return:
OK - 0 processes running with command name perl

It seems, the checkprocs will not find any perlprocess.

I tried:
./check_procs -C "/usr/bin/perl"

It returns:
OK - 0 processes running with command name /usr/bin/perl

But on this system(Debian unstable) are running several perlprocesses:
S        0     1 restartvideo     /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/restartvideo
S        0   328 startvideo       /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/startvideo
S        0     1 vdradmind.pl     /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/video/vdradmin/vdradmind.pl

But it seems, that check_procs will not find any of them.

Now i tried it on a FreeBSD-System.
I want to track the following programm.
Ss       0     1 ppp              ppp

But this programm is started with several arguments:
 /usr/sbin/ppp -quiet -ddial -nat default

It seems, that i have really strange problems with check_procs.

Can anyone give me tips to solve these problems, please?

--
Bye
Matthias