[Nagiosplug-help] load plugin

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Feb 19 10:25:07 CET 2003

Are you just calling the check_load plugin as it is to check the load on
remote servers?  check_load must be run locally on the box you are
checking.  If you aren't doing this, then you are actually just getting
the load on your local monitoring machine for every check_load call
(would explain them being identical!).

To use check_load for remote servers, you need to install the plugins
physically on the remote machines and then either use:

check_by_ssh - to ssh to the remote box, execute the plugin and return
the result

check_nrpe - Also install nrpe (nagios remote plugin executor) on the
remote machines and configure it to run the load check.  You would then
use the check_nrpe plugin from the monitoring server (read the docs for
more on this)

nagios-statd - A daemon that runs on each remote machine that you query
from the monitoring box to get the health of the remote machine (load,
disk, etc).  I don't know much on this option

Hope this helps.

Russell Scibetti