[Nagiosplug-help] load plugin

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed Feb 19 11:53:05 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Russell Scibetti wrote:

> Are you just calling the check_load plugin as it is to check the load on
> remote servers?  check_load must be run locally on the box you are
> checking.  If you aren't doing this, then you are actually just getting
> the load on your local monitoring machine for every check_load call
> (would explain them being identical!).
>
> To use check_load for remote servers, you need to install the plugins
> physically on the remote machines and then either use:
>
> check_by_ssh - to ssh to the remote box, execute the plugin and return
> the result

check_by_ssh is a bad idea on older Sparc hardware. Starting a SSH session
to my Ultra-1 takes the better part of a minute to startup the session.

With both DNS and /etc/hosts setup we can rule out any reverse DNS issues.
(telnet responds almost instantly.)

Somehow the openssl code runs rather poorly on sparc CPU's.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.