[Nagiosplug-help] Negate/Invert Plugin Problem

John Cockerham jcockerham at mydoconline.com
Wed Feb 26 09:10:08 CET 2003

I have tried to use the negate plugin to invert the output of a
check_http command.  I have not had a lot of success with this.  I have
read that there is an "invert" plugin out there somewhere.  Can anyone
tell me if it is true and where to get it.

Here is the command I am using from command.cfg at present.  I get
several errors ranging from "no-output" to "check_http (nagios-plugins
1.3.0-beta3) 1.23". The strange thing is it does seem to work
intermittantly.

# 'check_http.1.3_negate' command definition
define command{
        name            check_http.1.3_negate
        command_name    check_http.1.3_negate
        command_line    /home/nagios/libexec/negate.1.3
"/home/nagios/libexec/check_http.1.3 -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -u
http://www.mydomain.com/XYZProduct/views/queue.jsp -r Failed"
        }

I have also tried to change the hostflag from -H to -h as suggested in
another thread.

Thanks