[Nagiosplug-help] Re: nagios 1.0 plugin config files? missing?

Glen Mehn glen at burningman.com
Thu Jan 9 12:19:15 CET 2003

 >Hi,
 >
 > I've installed via debian package the latest nagios 1.0 and all the
 >config
 > has gone seemingly well until i went to
 > compile the plugins, im getting the error
 >
 > [1042096870] Error: Host check command 'check-host-alive' specified
 >for host
 > 'printer1' is not defined anywhere!
 > [1042096870] Error: Host check command 'check-host-alive' specified
 >for host
 > 'printer2' is not defined anywhere!
 > and
 >
 > [1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_ftp' specified in
 >service> 'FTP' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!
 > [1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_ping' specified in
 >service
 > 'PING' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!
 > [1042096870] Error: Service check command 'check_pop' specified in
 >service
 > 'POP3' for host 'bashful' not defined anywhere!
 >
 > now from what I can gather, these should be defined in
 > /etc/nagios/checkcommands.cfg ? and that file tells me to update
 > it via the update-nagios command, but it only creates a blank file
 >becuase
 > there are no cfg files in
 > /usr/share/nagios/pluginconfig
 >
 > where / how do i get the cfg files for the plugins ???
 >
 > all help appreciated, im tearing my hair out here trying to find a
 >solution
 > for it.

Install the netsaint-plugins package-- nagios is a rewrite of netsaint,
the plugins are compatible, and you'll be OK.

If you want/need more plugins, then you can download/install/configure
then on your own-- but you'll have to put them in checkcommands.cfg on
your own. (manually)

The (current) nagios package isn't really setup for new users,
unfortunately.

glen

Glen Mehn	glen at burningman.com
"if you ever swallow the universe, remember to spit the dragon
	back out.xx.		--swan