[Nagiosplug-help] Checking Perl Script w/ check_procs on FreeBSD

Matt Barton matt at webexc.com
Tue Jul 1 15:08:04 CEST 2003

Hello

I am having difficulty monitoring a Perl script on a FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
system using check_procs.  The script is started at system boot time and
runs in the background handling our POP-Before-SMTP functionality.

In "ps ax" it shows up as te following.

87568  p0- S      0:25.50 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/sbin/poprelayd -d

But when check_procs runs "ps waxco 'state uid ppid command command'", it
shows up as this.

S        0     1 perl             perl

I would really like to monitor the specific process of Perl running the
poprelayd script, especially since I have more than one background process
of Perl running.

How have others worked around this problem?

Thank you in advance.

--
Matt Barton
Webexcellence