[Nagiosplug-help] problem with checks and a connection load balancer

Giuliano Zorzi g.zorzi at tecom.it
Mon Jul 14 03:51:13 CEST 2003

Hi,
 I have to check the http server running on a linux box wich is
reachable using two different IPs. the server is connected to a line
balancer wich is connected to two dofferent ISP.
I defined two hosts in nagios, one for every IP address. When I try to
run check_http -H xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx it works fine for both IPs. Inside
nagios I get everytime one of the two hosts as down. Obviously this is
no correct as the web server is reachable using both the IPs.

Any idea about this ? Is this possible to check a host only if another
host is down ?

thanks in advance
--
Giuliano Zorzi
Tecnico R&S
g.zorzi at tecom.it
www.tecom.it

This e-mail may contains confidential information and is for the
exclusive use of the addressee/s. If you are not the addressee, then any
unauthorised distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is prohibited.
If received in error, please notify the sender and delete it
immediately. We accept no liability for any loss or damage suffered by
any person arising from use of this e-mail. Unauthorised diffusion of
any kind of personal data, will be prosecuted according the Italian
"Privacy Law" no. 675/1996