[Nagiosplug-help] Error in parsing command.cfg

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at fivetec.com
Mon Jun 2 13:34:07 CEST 2003

Hi, I have the following RPMs installed on a RH72 system:

nagios-1.0-0.dag.rh73
nagios-plugins-1.3.0-1

I added line

--<snip>--
cfg_file=/etc/nagios/command.cfg
--</snip>--

to /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg to get the plugins working. I also removed the
cfg_file directive referring to the checkcommands.cfg.

But when trying to start Nagios I see the following error in logs:

--<snip>--
Error: Unexpected token or statement in file '/etc/nagios/command.cfg'
on line 33.
--</snip>--

I haven't touched the command.cfg and the line 33 reads:

--<snip>--
command[notify-by-email]=/bin/printf "$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s \
'$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$' $CONTACTEMAIL$
--</snip>--

printf is in /usr/bin on my system, but changing the path does not help.

Are my nagios and plugins versions incompatible or what gives?

Regards,
Peter