[Nagiosplug-help] Check_snmp and regex help request

Pietro Bandera pietrob at lansystems.it
Tue Jun 3 06:42:08 CEST 2003

Hi all

I got this command that check our cisco4000 port status,

command[check_Cisco4000_PortLinkStatus]=/usr/local/netsaint/libexec/chec
k_snmp $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -o
enterprises.cisco.workgroup.ciscoStackMIB.portGrp.portTable.portEntry.po
rtLinkFaultStatus.$ARG2$.$ARG3$ -l StatoDuplex -s "noFault(1)"

That is based on this oid

portLinkFaultStatus OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX        INTEGER {
                                noFault(1),
                                nearEndFault(2),
                                nearEndConfigFail(3),
                                farEndDisable(4),
                                farEndFault(5),
                                farEndConfigFail(6),
                                notApplicable(7)
                              }
        MAX-ACCESS    read-only
        STATUS        current
        DESCRIPTION   "Specifies additional link fault status on a
gigabit
                      link.

                      noFault:
                              Link is up and operational.
                      nearEndFault:
                              The port is enabled but there is no GBIC
                              present or the local port cannot
synchronize
                              with the remote end.
                      nearEndConfigFail:
                              The local port has detected a
configuration
                              mismatch with the remote end.
                      farEndDisable:
                              The far end is in the disabled state.
                      farEndFault:
                              The remote port is cannot synchronize.
                      farEndConfigFail:
                              The remote port has detected a
configuration
                              mismatch with the local end.
                      notApplicable:
                              Link fault status is not applicable on
this
                              port."
        ::= { portEntry 22 }

By now, the command have not a really good sense, because it should
generate an OK state if is in "noFault" or "nearEndFault" state and not
only if it is in "noFault" state as now.

I have tried to change it using the "-r" or "-R" option instead of "-s"
but i think i miss something.

Here there is the new command
command[check_Cisco4000_PortLinkStatus]=/usr/local/netsaint/libexec/chec
k_snmp $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -o
enterprises.cisco.workgroup.ciscoStackMIB.portGrp.portTable.portEntry.po
rtLinkFaultStatus.$ARG2$.$ARG3$ -l StatoDuplex -r
"/noFault(1)|nearEndFault(2)/"

But with this sentence it always gives me a critical state.

I think i miss something in the regex sintax.

Could you help me?