[Nagiosplug-help] Problems with check_http plugin and ssl

Joerg Friedrich Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jun 10 12:48:14 CEST 2003

Hi!

I use check_http to check the state of out Oracle Application Server.
Last weekend our DB-Admin upgraded his Application Server to Oracle IAS
9.x

After this upgrade check_http was not able to establish any connection
to this host!

The only result is "No data received "

I can connect to the SSL-Port. I suspect a problem with the
ssl-handshake, but I'm no wizard with ssl :-)

I tried to use openssl s_client to see any difference and the only thing
I can see is that the Application-Server and openssl 'agree' no these
ssl settings:

---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is RC4-MD5
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : SSLv3
    Cipher    : RC4-MD5

while any other ssl-servers I connect to

---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
    Protocol  : TLSv1
    Cipher    : EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA

Can anyone help?

--
Heute ist nicht alle Tage, ich komm' wieder, keine Frage!!!

   Joerg

Fear is the greatest salesman.
		-- Robert Klein