[Nagiosplug-help] Compiling Check_ping

Matthew Long Matthew.Long at LoftusITNS.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 01:30:48 CEST 2003

I am playing with trying to get Nagios compiled under cygwin (my company
doesn't like linux) and it has been reasonably successful. Nagios
compiles, but I am having issues with some of the plugins.

Check-proc and Check-vsz give errors when you do a make all, but as I
don't need to use them its not a major issue.

The big problem is Check_ping, no matter what I do it doesn't want to
work. I think this is because when I do a ./configure it cannot find
ping. I have tried using the --with-ping-command switch and this doesn't
work.

Can anyone suggest were to go next or point me in the direction of some
documentation on the  --with-ping-command switch

Thanks

Matt Long
Technical Consultant