[Nagiosplug-help] (no subject)

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Jun 24 04:09:02 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 20:58, Peter Schobel wrote:
> On Saturday, June 21, 2003, at 11:30  AM, Rob Nelson wrote:
>
> > At 10:56 PM 6/20/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >> I'm having trouble getting/compiling the nagios plugins check_pgsql
> >> and check_radius
> >>
> >> I'm running nagios on a debian system and they only seem to have the
> >> netsaint-plugins package which doesn't include these plugins - i try
> >> to compile them but the ./configure complains that it needs the
> >> postgres and radius libraries
> >>
> >> postgres is installed on this system - (nagios is running on it)
> >>
> >> ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/lig/postgresql or /var/lib/postgresql
> >> doesn't seem to help
> >>
> >> and anyway, if i want to compile the check_radius plugin, how do i do
> >> it? i don't want to install radius on my nagios system
> >>
> >> any help would be appreciated
> >
> > Peter,
> >
> > We use the pgsql check and (if we're not already) will be using the
> > radius check. I've cc'ed Jeff Waller, our programmer, to see if he has
> > anything to offer. If you get your own answer from the list, let us
> > know.
> >

> > Rob Nelson
> > Network Administrator, Capitol Broadband
> > C: 919-369-1874
> > rob at capband.net
> >

> Thanks Rob,
>
> I haven't gotten any information on this yet

I responded. Response must have gotten lost, I'm not sure I saw it on
the list.

for pgsql, I assume /usr/lig/postgresql is a typo. I redhat, you need
the postgresql-devel package. Is there an anologous debian package? Is
it installed?

If you need to install that, do a mkes distclean to clear your autoconf
cache and retry. If that doesn't help, can you provide:

1) a listing of the directory /usr/lib/postgresql (not all users will
know the debian file layout).

2) the part of the configure output that refernces postgresql.

As for radius, IIRC the file INSTALL has a reference to the radius
client libs that you need to install. (the URL might even be in the
configure output). You do not need to install a radius server on the
nagios box, nor would it help.

--
Karl