[Nagiosplug-help] check_disk problems

Todd Bushnell todd.bushnell at demandtec.com
Tue Mar 4 16:27:15 CET 2003

I have two problems with check_disk:

1.  I need to exclude multiple nfs mounts on several systems, but the -x option does not seem to work with multiple exclusions.  There are way too many fs' to do individually, but I came across some info that suggested I can reconfigure plugins to use a modification of the df command.  How can I reconfigure a plug-in?  Is this done prior to compiling?

2.  check_by_ssh.... check_disk commands on my AIX boxes yield a message "Unable to read output".  I hopped on the box and discovered that problem is due to /proc:
-={tbushnel at sfodtijct001}=- pts -={16:23/04-Mar-03}=-
-={$:/usr/local/nagios/libexec}=-./check_disk -w 20% -c 10%
Unable to read output:
/usr/bin/df -Pk
/proc                   -         -         -       -  /proc

If I choose any other device other than /proc it works okay, but the -x /proc option does not help my problem.  These boxes have a bunch of mounts so doing them individually is a LAST resort.

Any solutions for either of my problems?

Todd Michael Bushnell
Senior Network & Systems Engineer
DemandTec, Inc.
1 Circle Star Way, Suite 200