[Nagiosplug-help] SNMP questions

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Mar 4 20:37:06 CET 2003

On 4 Mar 2003, David C. Kovar wrote:

> > The command.cfg file in the plugins package has examples of calling the
> > plugins and examples on checking system resources using check_snmp.
>
> Greetings,
>
> I've been working with these examples on and off for awhile now, with
> little success.If you use the snmp_disk example in command.cfg, the
> status is:
>
> 	Invalid warning threshold: 10%:,:/dev/sda2
>
> The snmp_disk command, as distributed, uses $ARG1$ as both the argument
> to -C and as part of the OID string and is clearly broken, unless I am
> missing something.

the correct command should be:
command[snmp_disk]=@libexecdir@/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$ -o
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.7.$ARG2$,.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.9.1.9.$ARG2$ -w
$ARG3$:,:$ARG4$ -c $ARG5$:,:$ARG6$ -u 'kB free (','% used)' -l 'disk
space'

> Using the snmp_disk2 results in:
>
> 	SNMP problem - No data recieved from host

For the sample commands using the HOST-RESOURCE table (generic OIDS), the
index of 101 and 102 should be mapped to what is locally appropriate.  So
the examples should probably contain an ARG reference instead of hardcoded

> I got the snmp_disk2 definition to work by reworking the services.cfg
> (which is an example that would have been nice to have), but all it'll
> return to the user is the amount of space used and does not calculate
> the free space available.
>
> Anyhow, my point is that the examples are either wrong, missing, or
> misleading. I know, buyer/user beware. Fix it and submit the changes so
> the next person doesn't have to go through the same problem.
>
> -David

Fixed in cvs. thanks

--

-sg