[Nagiosplug-help] NSClient Problems

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Thu Mar 6 07:01:06 CET 2003

Dear All,

We seem to have regular problems with the NetSaint NS Client. After the
server has been running for a while, maybe a couple of days or more we
start to get errors when checking NT Performance Counters. NetSaint NS
Client still seems to return other detail okay such as running processes,
sometimes it stops functioning all together. An error appears as sych :

NSClient - ERROR:Malformed request or internal error. Check
EventLog:None&8&\Memory\Pages/sec&Pages per second is %.2f

If I restart SNMP & NS Client then it may go away. Has anybody else seen
this at all ?

Thank you

Matthew Quinney